Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The real reason I made it.

While I would like to say it was my superb athletic prowess that led me to finish a half marathon, albeit in three hours, what really got me going, and kept me going, was my bomb playlist.

I compiled a playlist of songs that I love, knew got me pumped, and had a fairly consistent beat. I also tried not to pick too many songs that I would be tempted to sing all the lyrics to. Girlfriend needs all the oxygen she can get.

I obviously had to start with a pump up jam, but then wanted to slow it down so I didn't start out too strong.


Live your life (featuring Rihanna)- T.I.
The Cave- Mumford and Sons
I wanna dance with somebody- Whitney Houston
Just Dance- Lady Gaga
Crystal Baller- Third eye blind
D.A.N.C.E.- Justice
Faster- Third Eye Blind
Little Secrets/99 Problems- Passion Pit/Jay Z mashup
Get right back- Maxine Nightengale
Let it rock- Kevin Rudolf & Lil Wayne
God Love her- Toby Keith
Levels- Avicii
Wannabe- Spice Girls
Love Generation- Bob Sinclair
Rain King- Counting Crows
Have you ever seen the rain-  Creedence Clearwater Revival
Rhythm is a dancer- Snap!
The adventures of rain dance Maggie- Red Hot Chili Peppers
Another night – Real McCoy
Block after block- Matt and Kim
Miami- Will Smith
Gypsy- Fleetwood Mac
Your love- The Outfield
Ants Marching- Dave Matthews Band
Shake that Ass for me- Nate Dogg featuring Eminem
What’s love?- Fat Joe
Pump up the jam- Technotronic
Hey Ma- Cam’ron
Little Talks- Of Monsters and Men
Don’t Stop Me Now- Queen
Ride wit me- Nelly
Hands on Me- Vanessa Carlton
Wind for me(remix)- R. Kelly
Got my mind set on you- George Harrison
Bottoms Up – Keke Palmer
C’est La Vie-B*witched
Poker Face- Lady Gaga
White Houses- Vanessa Carlton
The way I are (featuring Keri Hilson)- Timbaland
Love and Memories- OAR
Wonderful Day- OAR
She’s got it all- Kenny Chesney
Little Lion Man- Mumford & Sons
Ooh Ahh- Grits
Hey Girl- OAR
Whatever you like- TI
Obsessed with you- The Orion Experience

I had just over three hours of music on my shiny bright green new ipod shuffle which was perfect.

I only wish that all my favorite songs were also conducive to running. For example, it is hard to maintain pace when you are jamming out to The Downeaster Alexa.

Just as I ended my sophomore year Humanities paper on Beethoven (and got an A):

"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

2 comments:

  1. I friggin love this playlist. CRYSTAL BALLER omg yes I had a huge huge 3EB phase in college (it hasn't totally ended) and obviously I too have Spice Girls on my playlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only wish I had more Spice Girls on there...say you'll be there...

      Delete