Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Weekend in review

First, I need to give Blair's Head Band a huge shout out for absolutely rocking the NYC Half on Sunday. Girl is a speed demon.

Friday I worked my marathon day, so excited when it was all over because then it was VACATION TIIIIIMEEE (Oprah voice). I ran a few errands to get some supplies for my trip, namely snacks. I always need snacks.




I headed to the lake to meet a friend for dinner and hot tub relaxation. We turn the cable off during the winter because we are rarely there so we watched Ocean's Eleven on VHS. Some high quality stuff right there.






Saturday morning I got up early to begin my trip to Boston. I had rented a car Friday night because I was flying out of Logan Monday morning and flying back home Friday night and needed one way transportation. Girlfriend does not do buses after her time abroad in Ireland and flying from my home airport is outrageous. I got a sweet jetta and it actually had a lot of pep. Due to the fact is was a rental, I had to fill the gas tank before I turned it in so I stopped at the Natick service plaza on the Pike (plus I obviously chugged water the entire ride and was going to cry I had to use the bathroom so bad).



I fill up the car, and then try scoping out a parking spot out front. Perfect timing this black sedan had their reverse lights on. I put my blinker on and wait. And wait. They inch out. Then stop. They inch out again. Stop. I am screaming and flailing my arms (a wee bit dramatic) and then the driver gets out of the car. I'm thinking those warnings I received about how dangerous road rage is are about to come true. The driver starts walking towards my car....it is one of my close friends from college. I got out of the car, stunned, give him a big hug, find out what the hulll he is doing on the Pike and make plans to meet up when we get in town.

So random. It is so funny how things work out.


 I arrived at the girls apartment to chaos, which is to be expected with them. Saturday afternoon we spent catching up and relaxing and went out to the L Street Tavern (if you are familiar with Good Will Hunting, that L Street Tavern) that night. I was way too sober and tired to be dealing with all those drunks "celebrating" Saint Patrick's Day and ended up leaving around 10:00 pm with NurseR, who had worked the night shift Friday night and was even more tired than I was.
We exchanged Christmas/Birthday gifts. Perfect magnet for me.



Sunday we woke up to beautiful sunny skies. Well I woke up at 7:00 am, the others are all bums and slept until 10. Luckily I had the internet machine to keep me occupied.





It was an absolutely beautiful day and my neon green pants from the juniors department with jeweled grommets made a lasting impression on all who saw. I even got some sweet tank top tan lines.

My flight is at 6:00 am. Get me in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment