Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"Don't let the power go to your head"

I'm pretty sure all I do is complain about getting up early, yet I do things like book 6:00 am flights. My cab arrived at 4:00 am and whisked me away to Logan to stand in the security line even before the TSA opened the giant garage doors (when did they get those?) and get whacked with backpacks and rolling suitcases. People, you are not on vacation just yet, so normal rules about behaving in public still apply. Don't even get me started on the Red Sox/Patriots/Bruins apparel. You are traveling, do you think maybe you could wear your Pats polo instead of a ratty old Sox tshirt and a Bs hat? Or maybe wear an actual winning team...like the Yankees or Giants...yup I said it.




I did manage to snap this gem of a photo only because I could not fathom how this outfit could be comfortable. I usually wear flats, leggings, and a dress when I fly because I don't like things touching me/I don't like touching things. Girlfriend was rocking a tank top and booty shorts (it was 45 degrees out) at 4:30 am. I don't even know if they could be considered booty shorts, they were more like underwear...I know, I'm a horrible person, I don't know her back story....but you are really going to tell me you would not have questioned this outfit choice for traveling?


I finally got to the house of mouse, got on my sweet magical express bus full of screaming children and got to the resort around 10:00 am. Luckily my room was ready- thank jehovah because I needed to shower all the dirty airplane off of me and I got ready to meet my cousin and his new lady friend.


My cousin has never been lucky in love and I was pretty excited/scared to see who this new chick was.


She is 4' 9" so for once in my life I felt like a supermodel (I'm really modest/5'3" and a half).


I sent this text to my dad: JR's lady friend is 4'9". I looked super tall. Like Gulliver. And she was a Lilliputian.
To which he replied: U r so kind, don't let the power go to your head.


*I'm not sure if my Gulliver/Lilliputian reference is correct...I was supposed to read Gulliver's Travels for the Great Books: Early Modern Seminar I took my sophomore year but I was the only underclassman in it, philosophy is so not my thing, and basically I cried before every class/test/quiz/assignment.


Monday we spent the afternoon at MGM and eased into the whole getting to know one another thing. I am super awkward with guys, but even more so with girls. I'm not going to tell you I like your shirt just so you compliment me and I am hugely sarcastic, so it is difficult sometimes for me to meet girls and have them not immediately hate me (I probably hated you first, don't worry).


We had a great afternoon and dinner and she was very outgoing and funny which makes me happy for my cousin. (I kind of sound like I was on a date with her).



Tuesday I alternated between the pool and food. As a result I have some mean tan lines and a mean food baby. It's vacation betches I do what I want.


Today will be a nice hump day spent...laying by the pool.  

4 comments:

  1. OMG THAT PICTURE. I want to tell that poor misguided idiot, "Honey, Spandex is a privilege not a right"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm my facebook "about me" section has been "two piece bathing suits are a privilege, not a right" since the dawn of facebook (or 2006). Twins.

      Delete
  2. Seriously, that photo is amazing--I love that you took it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to turn the flash off and awkwardly hold my phone while pretending to rummage through my carry on at the same time I was coughing to cover up the shutter noise. But I mean, the picture is worth a thousand words.

      Delete