I'm eating a giant bowl of pasta right now. Oh yeah, I went there. I'll probably have seconds. In my mind I am carbo loading for that run that I probably won't take tomorrow while mentally freaking out that I signed up to run a half marathon in less than two months and have plane tickets and condo reservations and very little training done.
Back to the dreadmill, I have always had a love/hate relationship with exercise to begin with. Growing up I danced 5 days away, was a competitive gymnast, and a cheerleader. Those were fun activities I got to bop around and yell and point my toes and not wear real shoes half the time. Due to chronic knee injuries I was advised by my orthopedist to refrain from running as to "save my knees" for other activities (he also deemed cheerleading "not a real sport" and refused to brace my sprained thumb and instead tore more fibers when he ace bandaged it to my hand because he wouldn't listen to me). During the off season in high school I would walk on an incline sparingly, if at all, and usually while doing something else completely unrelated. Like the time I ate an ice cream sundae while walking on the treadmill. In college I would go to the gym and walk on an incline while my roommate ran her little heart out; it wasn't until grad school that I signed up for my first 5k and started s l o w l y jogging around the Charles. My first 5k was in October of 2009 and since then I have ran, and trained for, 5ks and 10ks-all outside.
In sum, the treadmill is boring, watching television while running hurts my head, I like being outside, and I am easily bored. Being outside allows for spying into other's homes, "sleeping" animal dodging, and getting honked at by numerous males that you do not know.
Happy, Happy 2012!
No comments:
Post a Comment