Last week I attended a surprise 50th birthday party for the mother of a close friend. Everyone knew her mother would be livid when she got there and found out the party was for her. She was coming to her daughter's house under the pretense that a Pampered Chef party would be going on.
FMP (my dear friend/gracious hostess) put together an amazing surprise party for her mother. Scattered throughout the house were pictures of her mother throughout the years, and the decorations were fun and tasteful. The theme was pajama party, and all the ladies were expected to wear their finest pajamas. (Considering I sleep in nada, I was instructed that I must wear something. This message was stressed numerous times) I ended up finding a pair of flannel pants that had been my grandmother's and wearing those with a long sleeved polo. We received fun goodie bags with purse hooks, lotion, fuzzy socks, coffee, and stiletto shaped bottle openers. FMP had a spa come to the house and a little nook set up for pedicures. The amount of food was insane and I spent quite a good amount of time with the veggie platter and chips and salsa.
But the best part of the whole night, especially for a sugar monster like myself, was the candy table! FMP set up the table to showcase the past 50 years of candy.
I of course helped myself to a generous amount of candy alllll night. And helped myself to a sweet candy goodie bag to enjoy the rest of the weekend.
After witnessing the hilarity that was 20+ 50ish year old women interacting...I certainly hope that my friends and I are that close, hilarious, inappropriate, and fun when we turn 50. Those ladies were funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment