I love to travel. I love experiencing new cultures, admiring beautiful artwork, and trying something different. I am not a travel snob by any means- traveling to me could be going to Georgia or visiting Ireland again. I still want to visit all 50 states, go back to Europe, and head down under at some point.
Now to attempt my first foray into incorporating pictures:
In November 2009 I went to visit my sister in Costa Rica. She was spending the fall semester there abroad and we had such a great time traveling around together. One of our first sights to see was this amazing national park where you hiked down a non safe in the states rock staircase with no railing for about a mile and came upon this huge waterfall. The picture really does not do it justice- I ended up patching two vertical panoramic shots together just to try to show how massive the waterfall really is.
Right around the corner from the waterfall is this calm pool of water with an intense current running through it. I am gracefully floating in the water like a sea cow in the photo above.
I am an awful person, but...Chris Brown is on the right and Rhianna is on the left. My sister and I named these two vividly colored characters CB & RiRi because they would squawk and fight and then cuddle with one another.
*please note I do not condone domestic violence in any form; I would urge you to seek assistance if you are experiencing any sort of abuse.
If you end up visiting Costa Rica, I highly recommend heading to the Pacific side and checking out Playa Hermosa. It really is a beautiful beach and the sunsets were amazing every night. The heat made me cry but the view made up for it.
All of these pictures were taken on a standard point and shoot Canon, switching between sunset mode and automatic. The colors are/were crazy.
Obligatory self shot on the beach. It really is all about pura vida.
This is a magical restaurant we walked to from our hotel on the beach. Count all the disturbing things on their menu and you get a prize.
In June 2010 I went to Las Vegas for the first time...with my mother. The eldest son of a very close family friend was getting married in Vegas and my father couldn't attend so I got to in his place. Just being inappropriate on the strip per every other person there.
While going to the city really isn't "traveling" (it is a quick train/fairly quick car ride away), it isn't something I do all the time. Plus, who doesn't like to play tourist once and awhile. PLK and I posing in front of the Flatiron Building in August of 2010.
It was mid August and we definitely worked up a "glow" walking around Manhattan. SAB, not pictured, lives on 47th and we walked all over that day, visiting the Museum of Sex (highly recommend, very interesting exhibits), the American Girl Doll store (I could write about 17 posts on AG dolls) and having our pre-dinner at some place I don't remember the name of but their adult arnold palmers were amazeballs.
Was that too many photos? Too many words? I really don't know the rules of blogging. Kind of also don't care. For another time: London, Ireland, Italy x 2, Orlando, San Diego, and probably somewhere else that I can't recall at this time.
I'm making travel arrangements for Texas in May and I am super pumped to add another state to my list. And for the churros. Mostly for the churros.
No comments:
Post a Comment