Saturday, January 28, 2012

Luff the lake part dos.

I have been very fortunate in my life that my father worked so hard to provide for my family. One of our greatest treasures in our lake house. I have spent every summer living on the lake and countless spring, winter, and fall weekends as well. I am a July baby, and two weeks after I was born my parents took me to the lake, and took me out on the boat. For my tenth birthday I received Felicity (AG dolls holler) and my very own tackle box. I love to fish, and have no problem putting the worm on the hook or taking the fish off. My summers were spent snorkeling, building sand villages, not just castles, swimming, and reading. My first friend that was not a relative was the little boy who lived next door. We would meet at the hammock every morning from the age of five and do who knows what, but we were entertained.

My obsession with the lake, and yes it is "the lake," has only grown throughout the years. In my elementary school years it was about freedom and getting as dirty as I wanted, in junior high I pouted and missed my friends, in high school it was the perfect place for a winter party, and in college I longed for summer break so I could relax and take a breather from studying.

I have even brainwashed my friends into calling it "the lake." PLK will refer to my house as the lake to people who don't even know me, and who have no idea which lake she is referring to. We are lucky enough to live in an area with close access to a few larger lakes. There can only be one "the lake." In fact, the nickname of the lake is the "Queen of American Lakes."


Winter Carnival starts next week-hopefully the ice will come in!


Fall; looking Southwest

Summer; looking West

"Lake George is without comparison, the most beautiful water I ever saw..."- Thomas Jefferson, 1791

No comments:

Post a Comment