Tuesday, January 3, 2012

12 for 2012

I love lists. To start out the new year, here are 12 things I am really loving:



1. Queen Helene's Cocoa Butter

It costs legitimately 2 dollars for a huge container and keeps my skin soft, smelling good, and I'm not allergic to it. I've been using it since high school and nothing else compares.



2. The Diz Monster

He will be 12 in 2012 which is getting up there in puppy years but he still plays like he is 2 years old.



3. Seltzer

I l.o.v.e. ashlee simpson love seltzer. If I had to pick only one beverage next to water to drink for the rest of my life it would totally be seltzer. Cranberry lime is my favorite but raspberry lime, pomegranate, mixed berry, basically any berry-esque flavor is amazing.



4. The interwebs

I love the interwebs. Thank you so much Al Gore for inventing the internet so I have something to do when I cannot fall asleep or I'm waiting in line to return something and the woman in front of me decides to wait until she gets up there to look for her receipt in a sea of 20 different receipts in her ugly purse.



5. Friends

I have recently discovered that I have some really great friends, some ehhh friends, and some not even friends. I am going to focus on those really great friends and forget about the ehhh and not so's this year. You cannot please anyone nor should you try.



6. Candy

I have the biggest sweet tooth- but only for certain things. I am not a big fan of chocolate unless it has nuts and caramel and has the name turtle on it. My favorite candy as of now are these organic lollipops by Yummy Earth. The strawberry ones are amazing.



7. Book Smarts

I finished up a second graduate degree in December of 2011 and really feel great when a friend tells me they are impressed with something that I know, or have done.

I was not, however, blessed with common sense. Case in point- the other night I was bbm-ing with a friend while we both watched Say Yes to the Dress (as an aside- shout out to TLC for showing wedding shows on Friday nights when single girls are home in bed watching/crying) and she expressed her disgust at a certain bride's dress choice and the fact that they shared the same name, Katie. Jokingly she said, let's pretend she is one of those Y katie's, they aren't real katie's. I immediately go, yea I hate those Yatie's...

She was leaning more towards a Katey, or a Katy....



8. Organizing

I moved 2 years ago this month. Most of my possessions are still in plastic bins from that move. I am slowly sorting out what needs to be thrown away, donated, gifted, or organized into my things. I am also working on paring down my possessions as well. A big part of that is well, I have too many things and another big part is I am going to move again sometime this year and I really do not want to have to move all of that stuff again.



9. Spinach salads

I love salad and since I do not eat meat I need lots of leafy greens in my life for protein. It doesn't hurt that I put strawberries and Annie's balsamic vinaigrette in my salad and it tastes like the best thing ever.



10. Pinterest

I am in need of a serious pintervention as I am now a ponster. Friday night I was sent an invitation and it is now Sunday night and I have spent way too many hours pinning away. I am contemplating downloading one of those add-ons that limit your time spent on a specific site. Or perhaps I could exercise self-control.



11. Locomotion

No not the sweet 80s jam, (even though it is easier than learning your ABC's).

2012 will be the year of the half marathon, and maybe even the marathon.

Let's see how my first half goes before I get any ideas. I started the year off with a quick jog this afternoon and have devised a training plan/exercise schedule of pilates and running (with rest days) to get me ready for the Disney Princess Half in February. I still need to decide on my costume...



12. Happiness

2012 is the year of happiness as decided by myself and my partner in crime on the power bench, PLK. We have decided that the only thing that really matters is happiness, so if you aren't happy, fix it. I am no longer going to go out of my way to try and appease or please people who I have a sneaking suspicion don't want to be pleased or appeased. Their loss, not mine.



Happy, Happy 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment