Friday, January 27, 2012

99 Secrets

I l.o.v.e ashlee simpson love music. Love it. I love music in the car, when I'm working, when I work out, when I clean, there is really no bad time for music. I love concerts, mix cds, acoustic versions...literally any form of music will do. I grew up in a house where weekend mornings were not about cartoons, but about turning on the tape deck/cd player and listening to music while you did your chores, read the paper, or did homework. I grew up appreciating Bach, Billy Joel, The Rolling Stones, Madonna, The Beatles, Beethoven, Garth Brooks, and anything in between. Even today, there are very songs or genres of music that I won't listen to. Really heavy metal, christian rock, and too pop-ish are my limits. I might appreciate something for its musical quality, but probably won't listen because of the lyrics.

I honestly don't think I could make a list of all of my favorite artists because there are too many to name.

I have very eclectic tastes if you wanted to attempt to categorize. I've been to 20+ Dave Matthews Band concerts, one of my favorite songs of all time is by The Rolling Stones, I think Freddie Mercury was a god, Blink 182 was my favorite band in junior high, I love inappropriate rap and hip hop, I get misty eyed when I think of being in a pub in Dublin and everyone sing along to my favorite Oasis song, and I love to jam out to country music on a long drive. (I also appreciate a good run on sentence)

One thing I can say for certain, I do not trust people who claim they only like one genre of music.

Luckily for me, (big shout out to Al Gore for inventing the interwebs) youtube has changed the way music can be shared and interpreted. One of my favorite new pastimes is finding mashups of my favorite songs.

Enter Passion Pit- Little Secrets+ Jay-z- 99 Problems--> 99 Secrets


Here is the link if you are interested. Please note, it does contain explicit language which is why I am linking instead of embedding (holler blog speak).

I love this song for driving, running, and hanging out.

I'll be powering my car by dance power to this song if you need me.


Awkward musical secret: In high school I fell asleep every night to Sarah McLachlan's Mirrorball cd.

2 comments:

  1. I love a good country song, too! But I also love, love, love jamming out to rap!

    P.S. Thanks for the follow! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My love of explicit rap songs is a running joke with my family and friends. You are so welcome and hope your weekend is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete