Wednesday, February 22, 2012

No longer Ordinary.

I luff religious humor.

Happy Ash Wednesday to you and yours, or happy day where you go around wondering what all those strange people have on their face.

Attending Catholic school my entire life, including a super Catholic college (holler single sex dorms and parietals), I am well versed in the Catholic traditions and do look forward to the end of Ordinary time.

While the religious meaning behind Lent is interesting, I typically use the Lenten Season as a means to make a change or an improvement in my life. I find when I have a specific start and end point in mind, I am able to make the transition (it may go back to my borderline obsessions over numbers and calendars and evenness).

The past three years I have giving up shopping for Lent, and this year I will continue that tradition. I will only purchase items I need, such as toothpaste, so my thrice weekly trips to Marshall's will be curbed. (*there has traditionally been a one item Lilly clause to this rule, however, nothing in the Spring line has piqued my interest enough, sooo no Lilly, no shopping. period*)

Although I do not swear too often, I feel like it is a very unbecoming quality, plus there are so many words in the English language that I could use to express myself that cursing is not necessary. I will be working on removing swear words from my vocabulary.

Maybe I will try to not be as cynical on the twitter machine...but that's essentially my nature, so probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment