Thursday, February 16, 2012

Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler.

My love affair with office supplies started at a young age. My grandmother kept her desk stocked, and I mean stocked, with every paperclip, highlighter, double sided tape, or staple remover you could think of. Not to mention the legal paper, regular paper, SQUARE paper, lined paper, colored paper, and graph paper. She had stickers, and colored pencils, and glue sticks galore. Some of my favorite memories of her are the two of us sitting at the desk coloring and playing with paper products. (She was very artistic, and she had those "adult coloring books," the ones of New England cottages and floral scenes that were from the expensive section of AC Moore. I was elated the day that she let me color in one of them).

My parents would feed into my addiction, and I would receive Office Max or Staples gift cards on holidays. The first place I drove after being surprised with a new car was Office Max...yes I realize how lame that sounds.

Because I have tested out every pen that has even been manufactured, I am very particular about which type of pen I use for which type of activities. I had been struggling to find *the* one. (I also realize this is a huge white girl problem/first world problem).



Enter Staples OptiFlow.

Obsessed would be an understatement. As a lefty, I have resigned myself to the fact that anytime I write a complete sentence, I will smudge most of the words. The smudge factor has greatly been reduced, the fluidity of the pen as it glides across the page is divine...essentially I want to write love letters TO the pen, ABOUT the pen, while HOLDING the pen. I don't think I've ever even had such romantical feelings for a male before.

Yesterday was a sad day. The red pen is running low.

But....that just means I get to go to my favorite store ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment