I'm working on actually following through with my goals each month, so I have the interwebs to hold me accountable, plus a great goal conversation with PLK this afternoon.
Spending diet
I need to stick to my self-imposed budget and realize that I have many material possessions so I don't really *need* anything. I am going to save, save, save, and hopefully use that extra money down the road. Europe is definitely calling my name again, and when my parents sell the house I would like to not live in my car.
Watch caloric intake
I love food. However, food loves my midsections so much that it likes to hangout for months. Not cool, food, not cool. I am saying watch because I never restrict, that is how disordered eating begins. I am more concerned with how I feel and fit into my clothes rather than the number of calories I consume. I also just really like the word caloric.
Smile more
Even though April is one of my least favorite months, I am very lucky to be who I am, have the opportunities that I have had, blah blah all that nice mushy stuff. I should be thankful and enjoy the ride.
Keep up with laundry
Once I get going with laundry I really do not mind it, it is getting over that initial wow that's a lot of clothes to clean that I get stuck. I am notorious for never doing laundry and letting it pile up until I literally am wearing those jeans reserved for yard work and a t shirt in public. In college I hated doing laundry in the dorms so much that I would wait until I went home...which usually was at least six weeks. To solve the undergarment issue I would just buy more underwear. To this day I have a solid four week supply. Must.do.laundry.weekly.
Pilates 3x week
No excuses, just do it. I know I will feel better afterwards, and I will get my abs back, and my toned arms, and my Pippa bum...okay maybe it doesn't look exactly like Pippa's, but near identical.
Cut losses
Sometimes, you just have to let go, to people, to material possessions, and to memories. Peace out negative energy, you betch.
Keep work at work
My job is unique in that most of what I do is outside the normal workday (that really doesn't make any sense but whatever). That being said, I bring work home with me on a regular basis. I have built in time during the work day that I could be completing these tasks, yet choose to torture myself with completing it on the weekends or at night. I packaged up all of the papers at home, and am bringing them to my desk Monday morning.
April is a blah month in my mind but I'm looking forward to checking off, crossing out, and highlighted my completed goals.

No comments:
Post a Comment