Thursday, November 29, 2012

So I've been thinking...

 
I've been thinking about this idea for awhile. I've been thinking about it for probably six months or so.
 
I want to run 26 miles while I am 26 years old.
 
But I do not want to run 27 miles once I turn 27. I'll stick with the 26.2.
 
So I picked out the spring marathon I wanted to run, did some research, got super excited about it, and then I found out it was the same day as my cousin graduating from college. I am so proud of him for going back to school and completing his degree while working full time and being an awesome father to my three year old "niece", so I really want to be there on his big day.
 
The next weekend was another option, still a fairly close by location, not too much travel, and a scenic course (I need lots to look out. lots)
 
But that is the weekend of my brother's college graduation.
 
So I did some more research and it looks like I will being doing my 26 while 26 DTS. (that's down the shore for those not up on their Jersey speak)
 
Andddddd, because I am doing this for the sense of accomplishment and mostly the medal, I am also thinking of doing the Allstate New York Half Marathon. Why? Because if you run both the Jersey Marathon AND the Allstate Half, you get an extra special additional medal.
 
While looking into the Allstate Half I saw New York and I figured Manhattan, and then as I was reading further I noticed it said Flushing Meadows Park...based on my excellent geography skills and one too many nights of The Nanny reruns, I lamented, it's...in...Queens...
 
My disdain was fleeting when I realized that Flushing Meadows Park was the site of the World's Fair in 1939 and 1964
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY
played a prominent role in Men in Black.
 
 

 
 
So it looks like I will be signing up to run 26 while I'm 26 this week.
and no, I will not be getting a 26.2 sticker for my car. Woof.

No comments:

Post a Comment