A huge shout out to the Greatest Generation today, on December 7th, a date which will live in infamy. United States History in the twentieth century is a secret not so secret academic pursuit of mine. It is inspiring, and unfathomable today, that an entire country could be so actively and selflessly involved in the war effort. See also: Molly McIntire .
It is Friday, party people.
It is Friday, party people.
After a horrid start to the week, I had a great dinner (date?) with a friend on Wednesday night and I have a fun weekend away planned.
1. Wednesday night I met a friend for dinner and to catch up. I really wanted a grilled cheese and one of the best places around to get a grilled cheese, a huge, lots of cheese, looks like four pieces of bread, grilled cheese is our local bikini bar. So I enjoyed my grilled cheese at the bar while also looking at lower back tattoos, thongs, and painted nipples. I'm not sure if it was a date or not. He paid, but I insisted on getting the tip. I have my own theories on what constitutes a date and I don't think it met the criteria. My sister and mother were a little too giddy that I was getting dinner with him and insist it was a date.
2. I am done with my Christmas gift planning. I know who is getting what, how, and why. I'm almost done with my shopping as well. Now for the best part, the wrapping and the giving. I love to give gifts and pride myself on original, unique, personal gifts for my friends and family. I strongly dislike receiving gifts and opening presents in front of the gift giver makes me visibly uncomfortable.
3. I am off to CT and MA this weekend to see Dave Matthews Band for the first 2 shows of 3 this December. I'm really excited to see my junior year roommate, MOD, and to break 30 DMB shows. I'm also pretty pumped that seeing DMB three times in December gives me three chances to hear the Christmas Song. Even if you are not a DMB fan, there's no denying how beautiful a song it is.
Happy Weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment