Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Thirteen for Thirteen.

Thirteen is one of my favorite numbers.  I’m excited to see what 2013 will bring. 
I don’t do resolutions, because I know I won’t keep them. I have 13 goals for 2013 that I hope I can achieve, or come close to accomplishing.
No clothes. On New Year's Eve I put the three laundry baskets from my bedroom and the two laundry baskets already in the laundry room in the hallway. I took a picture. I sent the picture to my sister and to a friend so they could shame me. I do not need any new clothes. I need a black cardigan or wrap style sweater but that is the only thing I actually need.  My closet is overflowing. No clothes just because they are fun. They need a function.
Be kissed. I made it all the way through 2012 without a kiss. I’ve been greeted with hugs and a kiss on the cheek but no real kisses since October of 2011. Maybe in 2013 I will either go through the random muckout phase my friends went through in college or I’ll go on a date and give a good night kiss.
Shoes are okay. I have flat feet, which exacerbate my knee injuries, which in turn lead to my hip problems. I need brown boots and black boots. I need flats that I can be on my feet in while still providing support. I have yet to find any flats with adequate support that don’t look like they are worn exclusively in Fort Myers but I am going to keep on looking.
Career improvements. I love my job. But I need to be realistic and decide if the sacrifices I have made to have a job I love are the best for me in the long run.
Happy for successes. And just overall happiness, both for myself and others. One of my closest college friends and her boyfriend, also a close friend, recently got engaged. I am beyond excited for them and even screamed when she told me the news. Another friend and her husband are expecting their first child. It is strange to think a few years ago (okay so ten years ago) she was drinking Malibu passion fruit lily of the valley perfume flavored pink colored rum and wearing juicy sweatpants and now she will be a mother. I would like to acknowledge when others are successful, and when I personally achieve a success.
Donate monthly. Whether it is clothes, money, or time, I hope to give a little back to the community each month
Save.  Save time, save money, and save my sanity. Be organized, don’t procrastinate. Spend wisely, save smartly. Know when to fight, when to give in, and when to walk away. (***I will never give in to my cousin and his wife phonetically spelling their daughter’s name and then jacking MY nickname which has been in use for TWENTY YEARS and then claiming they didn’t know AND STILL USING SAID NICKNAME she is 3, pick a new one.)
Travel. Boston, D.C., Texas? Hopefully South America or Europe as well. Minus the lack of body awareness thing most people have, I love to travel.
Educate. Maybe I will go back to school; maybe I will take a continuing education class. I will certainly continue to abuse my access to nytimes.com and keep on googling the absolute tits out of any and all questions that pop into my mind. Learning from others is great as well. The twitter machine is a great way to find people you totally want to be friends with in real life while facebook is a great reminder of all those people from high school and college you are so glad you aren’t friends with in real life.
Healthy body. Does taco dip taste good? Yes. Is it healthy? Not really. Am I unhealthy? Yes, just a little bit. I am thinking of cutting down on my candy intake, limiting the taco dip to very special occasions, and incorporating a little more exercise into my routine. I should also probably get a physical since it has been 7 years since my last one.
Laugh. Laugh often, laugh well, laugh at myself, laugh with others, and laugh until I cry. Hopefully 2013 will bring tears in the form of laughter instead of the sadness of 2012.
Closure. There are a few things that ended in 2012 that are not completely over. Hopefully I can move forward instead of wallowing in the past.
Bag. I need a durable, tote everywhere, all season, handbag. Seeking clean lines, NO visible logos, twenty year plus utility.
 
Happy 2013-ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment