Monday, October 29, 2012

June and July

June started off with the Zac Brown Band concert, my dance recital, and two Dave Matthews Band concerts. June ended with an interview in Massachusetts and a wedding at home of two high school friends.  July was work, work, work, my birthday, and lots of time spent at the lake.


 
Zac Brown Band was sold out, packed, and rainy. This chick was swinging her bag at my head all night. So kind.
 
 
 
 
 
The morning after ZBB I ran in the Freihofer's Run for Women. My father likes to snap awkward photos of me whenever I am waiting to start a race. I only run this race because you get a box of cookies with your entry fee.
 



 
The same weekend as ZBB and the Freihofer's was my dance recital. I was a hippo. Enough said.
 





The second weekend in June was Bridal Shower and DMB weekend. Friday night DMB was with my junior year roommate from college and her boyfriend.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Saturday morning I went to my first non-familial bridal shower. Which means I am getting old and I am not a fan of that.
 
 
 
 
 
 
The bride loves tea and there were many tea-inspired details at the shower.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Saturday night I went to DMB with two of my closest guy friends from high school. We stopped at the grocery store to get tailgating supplies...which were pretty gross and random.
 





 
I painted my nails with essie's trophy wife and then put on this skirt and could not get over how the colors matched. I am easily amused.
 





 
The wedding for the above mentioned bridal shower was at the end of June and despite the hot and humid weather, was a beautiful day. The groom went to West Point so I got to mack it to many Army lax bros. Unfortunately most of them are married or engaged but I still managed to get two phone numbers and 4 pieces of late night pizza out of the day.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I spent most of July at work and at the lake and woke up one morning to this note from my father. He is a big lonely island fan.






 
I had to work on my birthday (which is a travesty) so I made sure I was nice and neon for the day.




 
 
PLK and I are two days apart in birthdays so we usually end up celebrating together.
 





 
At the end of July there is a big party in one of the bays on the lake. This year I was accompanied by these work-skipping studs.

4 comments:

  1. Of all the MANY comments I have, the strongest one that comes to mind is "I love Trophy Wife"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many? You've already viewed the hippo photos...
      Trophy wife is da bomb diggity, best name + color combo around.

      Delete
  2. Um, will you please dedicate a post to the hippo recital? I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was/am mortified, but your wish is my command.

      Delete