August and September were devoted to all things wedding. In August we showered the bride and held the bachelorette party. September was the wedding. Aside from all "the wedding" ting tings, August was pretty quiet, just work and lake living. September worked picked up again and I/we competed in the triathlon for the third year in a row. I had a wedding to attend in August and another wedding to attend in September, both of which were college friends.
Both August and September were months full of change. Friendships ended, and one in particular ended after 12 years of love, dating, not dating, dating, friendship, dating, not dating, etc.
I haven't really been myself lately so I hoping to commit to blogging a few times a week to give myself a routine, and a challenge.
The Killers new album, Battle Born has been on repeat in my car ever since I purchased it from Target. And yes it is 2012 and I purchased an actual cd.
![]() |
| Our academy alum picture |
One very hot, and very humid day in August, a good friend of mine from college got married. His bride was beautiful and he looked dapper as always. The church did not have any air conditioning, our ride to the reception was a school bus, and one of the air conditioning units broke at the reception site. It was still an amazing night, complete with a run-in from a college ex (who happens to be standing directly behind me in this photograph) and lots of fun with college friends. I also started the "I want it that way" sing-a-long on the bus on the ride back to the hotel, and drank alcohol without puking or making a fool out of myself. Success all around.
![]() |
| monogrammed one piece dominates yet again. |
Labor Day weekend was the triathlon that my team competed in for our third year in a row. TeamM beat out TeamC this year. I beat my brother in the swim portion, my father beat his best friend in the biking portion, and because TeamC was so far behind in the bike, PLK beat DKM in the run.
Team photo op.
The second weekend in September I headed down the Cape for a beach wedding. One of my freshman roommates got married on a beautiful day. She recently posted the pictures from her big day and at first I was all "boss picture, come see how good I look." Now that I examine the photograph closer, IT LOOKS LIKE I HAVE A MUSTACHE.
Our forced triple from freshman year. Those two are married and I have never been on a date.
I participated in the Get Your Rear in Gear 5k for Colon Cancer in September. As you can tell, I run so fast, standard point and shoots cannot match my speed.






No comments:
Post a Comment